Top Industry News
1. DraftKings filed the applications to be both a sportsbook and interactive gaming operator in Pennsylvania. DraftKings will still need a brick-and-mortar casino partner in Pennsylvania to enter the marketplace. Their rumored deal to acquire SBTech could possibly have an impact on how they get into Pennsylvania.
2. Online casinos and poker rooms are eligible to launch in Pennsylvania as soon as July 15. It appears that none of the casinos will be ready to launch on that date, possibly delaying the launch-date. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has a scheduled meeting on July 10th. More will be known after the meeting which casinos, if any, will be ready to launch on the 15th.
3. Legal sports betting is making progress in Ohio again. Issues remain about who will become the regulatory body for sports betting in the state. However, it appears that Ohio could be voting on legal sports betting as early as this year, possibly in September.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/8/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse and BetRivers are still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bets at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
Home Run Derby 8:00 PM
This year’s Home Run Derby features a ton of young talent. Carlos Santana is the group elder at 33, with Joc Pederson the second-oldest at 27. Josh Bell of the Pittsburgh Pirates is the favorite and is having an MVP type season, batting .304 with 27 home runs and 84 RBIs.
Among all eight batters, Pete Alonso of the New York Mets leads the pack with 29 home runs, third in the league. His average exit velocity on his home runs is impressive. Not only does he hit home runs, but he has hit home serious bombs. The Mets haven’t had much to be excited about this season, but tonight is their best chance to celebrate this season. I like Pete Alonso to win this year’s Home Run Derby.
Johanna Konta vs Petra Kvitova 10:00 AM
Johanna Konta has been a bit of a late-bloomer in her career. She is 28 years old and didn’t start hitting her stride until about three years ago. She has since seen a bit of a decline, as she is now 18th in the world, down from ninth last year. This is only her second time advancing past the R64 at Wimbledon.
Petra Kvitova is a two-time Wimbledon champion who is currently ranked sixth in the world. She bounced out in the first round last year but has rebounded well this year by only dropping 18 games in three rounds. The lefty is at her best on the grass surface and is the type of player that plays better as the match goes on, so if/when she does eventually drop a set this tournament, she is certainly not out of any match. The odds are set pretty favorable in this one for Kvitova and she should advance to the next round with a win over Konta today.
In addition to Kvitova on the money line, there are two plus value bets that are worth betting on too. If you are going to take Kvitova, don’t pass up on these plus money bets. Bet them equally, and you will be guaranteed to profit, assuming Kvitova does win. A $100 bet on each will guarantee you at least $40 in profit in Kvitova wins 2-0, and $200 in profit if she wins 2-1.
Kvitova 2-0+140 and Kvitova 2-1+300