Top Industry News
1. Today the DC Council will vote to decide on whether or not to award a $215 million sports betting contract to Intralot. If they vote not to, the process will start all over, this time with a competitive bidding process. This could delay the launch of sports betting in Washington D.C. for some time.
2. Public meeting set for Thursday on Iowa sports betting rules. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission is looking for public input before they set the finalized rules at the end of July. The meeting will be held at the Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino in Altoona, Iowa.
3. MGM has agreed to acquire sports betting technology from the Alliance of American Football League. Despite the league now being shut down, MGM is interested in acquiring a proprietary in-play betting app that they helped finance for the AAF. MGM will pay $125,000 for the AAF sports betting asset and reduce its total claim from $7 million to $5 million. MGM invested $7 million in the AAF back in 2018 and protected itself with a secured lien against its assets.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/9/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bets at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
We are down to the quarterfinals of Wimbledon and the odds are set for each of the eight remaining players. Clearly, the sportsbooks don’t expect anyone outside of Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, or Rafael Nadal to win the tournament, because the remaining five players all carry odds of +5000 or higher. Rightfully so, one of these three should win the tournament, but one has a much easier road ahead than the other two.
Djokovic plays the 21st-seed in David Goffin and would face the winner of the 23rd and 26th seeded players in the semi-finals. Nadal has to play the tough-on-grass Sam Querrey and his dangerous serve. Although Querrey is unranked, he always plays his best tennis at Wimbledon and is no easy match. Federer has to face 8th-seeded Kei Nishikori. If both Nadal and Federer win, they would face-off in the semi-finals. Djokovic should be a lock to reach the finals and the four-time Wimbledon champion looks like the best player in the tournament so far. Now would be a great time to bet on him to win the whole tournament before the payout starts to shrink.
Major League Baseball
All-Star Game 7:30 PM
Normally when betting on a baseball game, the starting pitchers are one of the biggest factors in determining how you want to bet. The All-Star game is the one exception. Pitchers in the All-Star game typically don’t last more than an inning or so, so the fact the Justin Verlander is starting against Hyun-Jin Ryu, really doesn’t matter too much. Instead, we want to look at each team’s entire pitching staff, and also lineup as well, since no player is guaranteed to get more than a couple of at-bats due to managers trying to get everyone into the game.
When you look at each team’s roster, the A.L. has both the better pitching staff and the better lineup. The odds on the A.L. money line isn’t bad, but at -1, the odds jump is too good to pass up (from -118 to +125). Not only do I like the A.L. to win tonight’s game, but I also like the OVER as well. With the way the ball is “juiced” this year and how home runs are flying out of the park, the OVER is a must bet. Add in the 10 MPH wind blowing out to right field, left-handed batters are going to have a field day at Progressive Field and that short right field wall.
American League -1+125 and Over 8.5-114