The current Philadelphia 76ers NBA championship odds are . Last season, Philly suffered a heartbreaking series loss to the Miami Heat, who played intense defense and shut the Sixers down game after game. However, the Sixers were not at full strength; Joel Embiid was injured, forcing other players to step up. Unfortunately, that did not happen, but they could have a legitimate shot in the 2022-23 season; if Embiid can replicate his campaign last year and James Harden can travel mentally and physically back in time, the Sixers will have enough firepower to make a run at the Eastern Conference.
Philadelphia 76ers NBA Championship Odds & Futures 2022-23
Philadelphia’s futures are out on most sportsbooks, despite the potential Kevin Durant trade rumors that are swirling. Below, you can bet on the Sixers’ odds to win the championship, conference, and division. Additionally, their odds of making the playoffs and win total will be listed.
|Philadelphia 76ers NBA Championship Odds & Futures||Odds (Updated September 2022)|
|2023 NBA Championship Odds|
|Eastern Conference Winner Odds|
|Atlantic Division Odds|
|Regular Season Win Total Odds|
|Odds To Reach Playoffs|
Philadelphia came up short in its series against the Heat, often frustrated by Miami’s suffocating defense. Miami was constantly throwing double teams at Joel Embiid and forcing him to catch the ball twenty feet away from the basket, especially on the baseline. Embiid was fighting off a few injuries simultaneously, so his endurance undoubtedly suffered. This forced James Harden to try and make plays for the Sixers; it did not work. Harden struggled against Miami’s defense; he did not get foul calls he has grown accustomed to getting, and shots weren’t falling. In the Heat series, Harden finished with
Reasons Why Philadelphia 76ers Can & Can’t Win NBA 2022-23 Championship
- Offensive Weapons: Joel Embiid, James Harden, Tyrese Maxey, and Tobias Harris highlight what should continue to be a high-powered offense. The Sixers finished fifth in three-point percentage (3P%), 11th in offensive efficiency, first in free-throw percentage (FT%), and sixth in true shooting percentage. Despite these impressive team numbers, Philly has another level offensively that it has yet to hit. If Joel Embiid plays at an MVP level again and James Harden can look similar to how he played in Houston a few years ago, this team can contend for a title.
- Defense: At first glance, the Sixers’ roster doesn’t look too imposing on the defensive end of the floor; however, they ranked well in most defensive statistical categories throughout last season. Philly finished eighth in opponent effective field goal percentage (eFG%), third in opponent three-point percentage (3P%), and seventh in opponent points per game. The Sixers are led by their anchor in the paint Joel Embiid and multi-positional defenders like Matisse Thybulle, P.J. Tucker, and De’Anthony Melton. Thybulle has been regarded as one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, capable of defending multiple positions, and you should not underestimate his presence in Philly.
- Free-Throw Shooting/Attempts: Philly finished the season ranked first in free-throw percentage (FT%), shooting an incredible 82.4% as a team. What is just as remarkable is the fact it also shot the third-most free throws in the NBA, behind only New York and Houston. Hitting and shooting free throws at a consistent rate is imperative for a healthy offense. When shots aren’t falling, the Sixers do a good job at getting to the line. It helps offenses throughout a game to see the ball go in consistently, even if it is mostly at the charity stripe.
- Maturity/Will To Win: During the playoffs last season, Miami ripped away Philadelphia’s motivation and will to win. The body language for the Sixers’ was negative; they felt outmatched, despite having plenty of talent. Joel Embiid showed up and left it all on the floor, despite injuries; however, the rest of the team did not do what was necessary to win. This will have to change this upcoming season if the Sixers want to compete with teams like the Boston Celtics or Golden State Warriors.
- Boston Celtics Championship Odds 2020
- Dallas Mavericks NBA Championship Odds
- Denver Nuggets Championship Odds 2020
- Houston Rockets Championship Odds 2020
- Los Angeles Lakers Championship Odds 2020
- Los Angeles Clippers Championship Odds 2020
- Miami Heat NBA Championship Odds 2020
- Philadelphia 76ers Championship Odds 2020
- Toronto Raptors Championship Odds 2020
- Utah Jazz Championship Odds 2020
- Dallas Mavericks Championship Odds 2020