If you are in need of a fill-in option due to a bye week or injury, this is your chance to find some potential sleeper options to stun your opponent. This is also a spot to see what some of the best FLEX options are for Week 9. With a lot of injuries already sinking lineups, you are going to need to dive into deeper names that you might not be familiar with. To help set those lineups, head on over to our rankings and projections pages.
- Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings
- PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Half-PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterback Fantasy Football Rankings
- Wide Receiver Fantasy Football Rankings
- Running Back Fantasy Football Rankings
- Tight End Fantasy Football Rankings
- Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defensive Player(IDP) Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defense Fantasy Football Rankings
Drew Lock – QB – Denver Broncos
With a few fantasy quarterbacks on bye this week and now Matthew Stafford off the board, Drew Lock is a great option to grab as a plug and play. It is hard to ignore the matchup for him and his weapons this week. The Falcons 25.1 fantasy points per game to quarterbacks this season. The only players to not hit the 20+ fantasy mark against them was Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, and Teddy Bridgewater in the last game. Denver has an implied total over near four touchdowns and is a primed offense for this week.
The weather really had an effect on the Raiders passing attack last week. I downplayed it and it certainly burned me. This week we should expect better numbers as the Chargers defense shipped away one of their key secondary players that covers the slot and also will be without Joey Bosa. They are allowing the fourth-most fantasy points per game to quarterbacks already this season.
J.K. Dobbins – RB – Baltimore Ravens
With Mark Ingram out this week, JK Dobbins and Gus Edwards are ready to roll. Dobbins saw a majority of the snaps last week but both were fairly equal on touches. Dobbins rushed for 100+ yards against a stellar Pittsburgh defense and face the Colts this week who is a bit overhyped on the defensive side. Facing Frank Gore, Detroit, and David Montgomery is going to certainly help your numbers. I expect Baltimore to win comfortably this week and the offense to be a big part of it.
Justin Jackson – RB – Los Angeles Chargers
It is a great spot for Justin Jackson this week, who is a solid RB2 now that Pope has been listed as doubtful. It was a bit odd to see him get touches out of nowhere, but Jackson has been the lead guy since Austin Ekeler went down. The Raiders are a horrific run defense, ranking 31st in DVOA and allowing the 6th most fantasy points per game. This should be a high scoring affair and Jackson can get in on the action.
Jerry Jeudy – WR – Denver Broncos
To keep in line with the Broncos plays, Jerry Jeudy is coming off a ten target game and I expect him to put up a season-high this week. The Falcons secondary continues to struggle and has allowed the 5th most fantasy points per game to opposing wide receivers this season. Jeudy is a strong WR option this week, and it comes in handy given that there are a lot of names out on a bye. Atlanta has allowed 14 double-digit fantasy point games to wide receivers this season.
John Brown – WR – Buffalo Bills
John Brown has been quiet over the last few weeks, mostly due to an injury. With two full practices to end the week, he should be ready to go against a Seattle secondary that we love to target for fantasy. Given Seattle’s offense has put up big numbers, opposing teams have to throw a ton and receivers have seen that monster volume. It is already going to be a big week for Stefon Diggs, but let’s not forget about Brown. Seattle has allowed 58 fantasy points per game to receivers on the season.
Darnell Mooney – WR – Chicago Bears
In deeper leagues, Darnell Mooney is a sneaky WR3 or FLEX option if needed. This Titans secondary is an easy target this season, and I like Anthony Miller a bit as well, but he needs to clear that injury report first. It seems possible, so Chicago will have full strength at this position. While the quarterback play remains questionable no matter who is under center, I like the matchup. Tennessee is allowing 47.1 PPR points per game to opposing wide receivers. That is a massive number.
Jonnu Smith – TE – Tennessee Titans
Jonnu Smith has had a couple of down games of late and the Titans offense has struggled over the last two games. I still like Smith and this week, especially where the Bears have funneled targets down to tight ends over the last two seasons. So far this season they are allowing a 43-421-5 line to tight ends. They are allowing the 11th most fantasy points per game to the position. Give Smith another shot this week as this game has some sneaky good matchups for a few of the receiving options on both sides.
Hayden Hurst – TE – Atlanta Falcons
While Calvin Ridley remains questionable for this week, I would assume he takes a week off. It makes the most sense with the Falcons bye week coming up and them needing to preserve Ridley’s health. Hayden Hurst would see a bump in usage alongside Russell Gage. Julio Jones would be the obvious target hog. Denver’s secondary is a bit banged up so this is a spot where I see a shootout. Hurst should see 6+ targets this week and be able to put together a decent PPR score.
- Week 9 Waiver Wire Top Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 QB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 RB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 WR Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 TE Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 Kicker Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 DEF/DST Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 Full Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 QB Fantasy Football Rankings
- Week 9 RB Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 WR Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 TE Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Week 9 QB Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 RB Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 WR Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 TE Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 Kicker Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 Top 7 Fantasy Football Flex Options
- Week 9 Top 5 Fantasy Football Matchups
- Week 9 Top 9 Fantasy Football Defenses
- Week 9 Top 24 IDP Fantasy Players
- Week 9 Top Fantasy Football Sleepers
- Week 9 Notable Fantasy Football Injuries