The 2020 fantasy football season is quickly approaching which means it’s time to get a start on your research. We have you covered with our fantasy football rankings as well as projections for the upcoming season. If you are interested in the defensive side of the ball we have you covered there as well. Leave no stone unturned and check out everything we have to offer.
The Saints, Bengals, Rams, and Falcons are all on bye this week. That means no Aaron Donald or Cameron Jordan. However, the Bosa Bros are back in action, and are coming off terrific Week 8 games. For Week 9, we bring you the top eight at each IDP position. You can find the rest of our Week 9 rankings here, alongside plenty of fantasy football help.
1. Joey Bosa – Los Angeles Chargers
2. Danielle Hunter – Minnesota Vikings
Danielle Hunter leads all defensive lineman in fantasy points this season, and overall has eight sacks and 33 total tackles. Hunter is a stud, and will take on the Chiefs this week, who have a pretty strong offensive line.
3. Nick Bosa – San Francisco 49ers
The Bosa Brothers both crack the top eight this week, Nick Bosa is coming off a monster game, and will get Arizona, which should be a big defensive performance for this group overall.
4. Myles Garrett – Cleveland Browns
Myles Garrett is now up to ten sacks on the season, and he is averaging 9.1 fantasy points per game. Denver is middle of the road in fantasy points allowed to opposing lineman, but they are starting Brandon Allen which spells trouble.
5. Jadeveon Clowney – Seattle Seahawks
Jadeveon Clowney is in a great spot this week, going up against a Buccaneers team that has allowed 22.5 sacks and 58 total tackles to defensive lineman. There will be plenty of opportunity for Clowney.
6. Chandler Jones – Arizona Cardinals
Chandler Jones continues to put in work on the defensive side, as he is up to 8.5 sacks on the season. He also has been a turnover king with four forced fumbles, and two recoveries.
7. Calais Campbell – Jacksonville Jaguars
Calais Campbell can take advantage of a weaker Houston offensive line this week. Houston has allowed the 14th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive lineman.
8. DeForest Buckner – San Francisco 49ers
DeForest Buckner cracks the list this week due to the heavier bye week with IDP players. Buckner is averaging 6.5 fantasy points per game so far this season, and is 17th in scoring.
1. Luke Keuchly – Carolina Panthers
Luke Keuchly will be able to rack up tackles in this matchup, as he usually does. He has 41 already on the season, and also two interceptions. Tennessee has allowed 103 tackles on the season to opposing linebackers.
2. Bobby Wagner – Seattle Seahawks
Tampa Bay has been a favorable matchup for linebackers, as they are allowing the 9th most fantasy points per game. Bobby Wagner steps in this week, and is 11th in linebacker scoring.
3. Darius Leonard – Indianapolis Colts.
Darius Leonard was back, and that is a big lift to the Colts defense. Leonard is an IDP stud, and one of the top ranked heading into the year.
4. Jordan Hicks – Arizona Cardinals
Jordan Hicks is hard to ignore, and has 44 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 interception on the season. It is not a bad spot for him against this San Francisco team that will likely dominate possession.
5. Blake Martinez – Green Bay Packers
Blake Martinez checks in as LB7 on the season, and has 52 tackles in eight games. The Chargers have allowed the 8th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers this season.
6. Devin Bush – Pittsburgh Steelers
The Colts are a middle of the road team in terms of fantasy points allowed to linebackers but they have allowed a ton of tackles. Devin Bush has been the stud rookie he was drafted to be, and has 40 tackles on the season.
7. Kwon Alexander – San Francisco 49ers
Kwon Alexander is in a great spot on Thursday night, as Arizona have allowed 14 sacks and 108 tackles to opposing linebackers this season. Alexander has come into his own over the last few weeks.
8. Eric Kendricks – Minnesota Vikings
Eric Kendricks continues to be a strong play each week, and rarely has a let down game. He is up to 47 tackles this season, but also has ten pass deflections.
1. Landon Collins – Washington Redskins
It took some time, but Landon Collins is third now in scoring among defensive backs. He will face Buffalo this week, which is a middle of the road team in terms of fantasy points allowed.
2. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
Jordan Poyer is DB9 on the year, and has 35 tackles. He is one of the few defensive backs who is over 60 fantasy points this season, and has done it in one fewer game.
3. Jabrill Peppers – New York Giants
Jabrill Peppers is averaging 8.2 fantasy points per game this season, and gets Dallas. The Cowboys have allowed the third most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs.
4. Ronnie Harrison – Jacksonville Jaguars
Ronnie Harrison is in a great matchup against Houston this week. They have allowed the tenth most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs, and the sixth most tackles.
5. Logan Ryan – Tennessee Titans
No other defensive back has more fantasy points than Logan Ryan right now. His three interceptions and three forced fumbles are a big reason why. He remains a weekly top eight option.
6. Harrison Smith – Minnesota Vikings
While it may not be the top tier start for Harrison Smith he is still a reliable option averaging 6.9 fantasy points per game. He should also be involved plenty against Kansas City
7. Budda Baker – Arizona Cardinals
Budda Baker has 40 tackles on the season, and San Francisco is 14th in fantasy points allowed to opposing defensive backs this season.
8. Tracy Walker – Detroit Lions
Tracy Walker has been terrific for Detroit this season, and has 49 tackles in seven games. He also has added one forced fumble and an interception.
- 2019 NFL Schedule
- 2019 NFL Bye Weeks Schedule
- Bye Weeks Cheat Sheet (Search)
- NFL Targets
- NFL Snap Counts
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire
- Fantasy Football Articles
- Defense Fantasy Power Rankings (Season)
- Defensive Player (IDP) Fantasy Rankings
- NFL Power Rankings Week 9
- Week 9 Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 RB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 WR Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 TE Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 K Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 DEF Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 Fantasy Football Full Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 QB Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 RB Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 WR Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 K Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 TE Rankings (PPR)
- Top 9 Week 9 DEF Rankings
- Week 9 Defense Rankings
- Week 9 QB Start Start'Em Sit'Em
- Week 9 WR Start Start'Em Sit'Em
- Week 9 TE Start Start'Em Sit'Em
- Week 9 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- Top 24 Week 9 Fantasy Football IDP Players
- Top 5 Fantasy Matchups To Target In Week 9
- Week 9 Fantasy Football Injury Status
- Week 9 Bye Week Replacements