Top 24 Defensive Players (IDP) Rankings For Week 14: Chris Jones To Cause Chaos Against Miami
No matter how your IDP roster is set up, we have you covered. Like offensive players, defensive players can have positive and negative matchups that will reflect their fantasy potential. The top eight names are broken down for each week between defensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs. In some leagues, you might have no restrictions and need to roster IDP players, and you can find them as a whole in our rankings. Get the rest of your fantasy football lineup figured out with our projections page.
- Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings
- PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Half-PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterback Fantasy Football Rankings
- Wide Receiver Fantasy Football Rankings
- Running Back Fantasy Football Rankings
- Tight End Fantasy Football Rankings
- Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defensive Player(IDP) Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defense Fantasy Football Rankings
1. Aaron Donald – Los Angeles Rams
Aaron Donald checks back in at number one this week and gets the Patriots, allowing the 11th most fantasy points to defensive linemen. Their offensive line is in rough shape, and this is going to be a big week.
2. Chris Jones – Kansas City Chiefs
Chris Jones gets the Dolphins this week, and the Miami offensive line will have a real tough task facing this Chiefs pass-rush. Jones sneaks up to number two just because of the upside this week.
3. Cameron Jordan – New Orleans Saints
Facing the Eagles is an easy chance to get a sack or two, and that is what Cameron Jordan should do this week. They have allowed the most fantasy points per game to defensive linemen and 35 sacks.
4. Myles Garrett – Cleveland Brown3
Myles Garrett ranks second in scoring this season and has 10.5 sacks. He faces the Ravens this week, who have had some offensive line issues throughout the season, but Lamar Jackson can mask that a bit.
5. Joey Bosa – Los Angeles Chargers
Atlanta has allowed the 7th most fantasy points to defensive linemen this season, and Joey Bosa, when healthy, is one of the best IDP players. The issue has been his durability.
6. Chase Young – Washington Football Team
Chase Young is having a terrific rookie season and will face a San Francisco 49ers team that has allowed 14 sacks to defensive linemen. Still, the turnover numbers deflate their overall fantasy points allowed.
7. Jason Pierre-Paul – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Along with many of the Buccaneers IDP players, Jason Pierre-Paul is among the best at his position. He has 8.5 sacks but what has been key is his ability to force fumbles.
8. Aldon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
Targeting the Bengals offensive line has been wise this season, and it continues to be a home run spot. They are allowing the third-most fantasy points per game, and this is a bounce-back spot for Smith.
1. Darius Leonard – Indianapolis Colts
Darius Leonard continues to climb the rankings in scoring this season despite missing a couple of games. He is averaging 9.1 fantasy points per game.
2. Bobby Wagner – Seattle Seahawks
Ranking top-ten in scoring this season, Bobby Wagner continues to rack up fantasy points. He has 62 tackles but also plays well in coverage with seven pass deflections.
3. Devin White – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Minnesota has allowed the 7th most fantasy points per game to linebackers this season, and Devin White is the leading linebacker in IDP scoring this season.
4. Zack Cunningham – Houston Texans
Zack Cunningham is essentially matchup proof and generates tackles at a high rate. He has 77 in 12 games this season and also a few sacks. He is averaging 9.3 fantasy points per game on the season.
5. Jaylon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
Another Dallas player in a good spot this week is Jaylon Smith. Cincinnati has allowed the 8th most fantasy points per game to linebackers on the season. Smith could also add some sacks to his name here.
6. TJ Watt – Pittsburgh Steelers
There really are not much better than TJ Watt. His weekly upside is insane, and he is averaging 8.5 fantasy points per game. He has 12 sacks, six pass deflections, and two forced fumbles.
7. Patrick Queen – Baltimore Ravens
Patrick Queen is coming off an excellent game where he had a key forced turnover and is now 14th in scoring. I like him this week against the Browns, who have been pretty friendly to linebackers
8. Eric Kendricks – Minnesota Vikings
Eric Kendricks has 69 tackles in 11 games this season and is averaging 9.9 fantasy points per game. I expect him to be in coverage quite a bit this week against the Bucs, but it plays well for him.
1. Jamal Adams – Seattle Seahawks
Jamal Adams is the only defensive back active, averaging over ten fantasy points per game. He missed four games this season and has been a force ever since.
2. Budda Baker – Arizona Cardinals
Budda Baker is another one of those elite names, averaging 9.9 fantasy points per game this season. He has 73 tackles and is also a threat to get a takeaway or two.
3. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
The Bills have one of the best secondaries in football, and Jordan Poyer is a big part of that. He is first scoring among defensive backs, and the Steelers allow the 11th most fantasy points per game.
4. John Johnson – Los Angeles Rams
John Johnson is a sneaky option this week against the Patriots. It seems the secondary changes every week in who produces the points but expects Johnson to play up quite a bit here.
5. Jeremy Chinn – Carolina Panthers
The Broncos have allowed the most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs. Jeremy Chinn is having a very impactful year in his rookie season, ranking 5th in scoring.
6. Harrison Smith – Minnesota Vikings
This week, Harrison Smith is in a good spot as the Buccaneers have allowed the 7th most fantasy points per game to defensive backs over the last five weeks. Smith is averaging 6.7 points per game on the season.
7. Jessie Bates III – Cincinnati Bengals
Jessie Bates III ranks third in scoring with 62 tackles but also three picks and one forced fumble. He is consistent but also has that upside. Facing the Cowboys this week is a plus. They have allowed the 6th most fantasy points.
8. Justin Simmons – Denver Broncos
Not many better than Justin Simmons this season, who has averaged 8.1 points per game and is 6th in scoring. Carolina is a middle of the road matchup, but Simmons’ consistency gets him into the top-8.
- Week 14 Top Fantasy Football Defenses
- Week 14 Top Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 14 QB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 14 RB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 14 WR Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 14 TE Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 14 Kicker Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 14 DEF/DST Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 14 Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 14 QB Fantasy Football Rankings
- Week 14 RB Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 14 WR Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 14 TE Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 14 Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Week 14 RB Fantasy Start/Sit Strategy
- Week 14 WR Fantasy Start/Sit Strategy
- Week 14 TE Fantasy Start/Sit Strategy
- Week 14 Kicker Fantasy Start/Sit Strategy
- Week 14 Top 24 IDP Players
- Week 14 Top 5 Fantasy Football Matchups
- Week 14 Top 7 Flex Options