No matter how your IDP roster is set up, we have you covered. Just like offensive players, defensive players can have positive and negative matchups that will reflect in their fantasy potential. The top seven names are broken down for each week between defensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs. Some leagues, you might no restrictions and just need to roster IDP players, and you can find them as a whole in our rankings. Get the rest of your fantasy football lineup figured out with our projections page.
- Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings
- PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Half-PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterback Fantasy Football Rankings
- Wide Receiver Fantasy Football Rankings
- Running Back Fantasy Football Rankings
- Tight End Fantasy Football Rankings
- Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defensive Player(IDP) Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defense Fantasy Football Rankings
1. Nick Bosa – San Francisco 49ers
While Nick Bosa didn’t record a sack in Week 1, he did have three tackles and a forced fumble. Bosa will have an excellent matchup against the Jets this week, as their offensive line is still trying to gel as a unit. The Jets allowed the second-most fantasy points to opposing defensive lineman in 2019.
2. Joey Bosa – Los Angeles Chargers
Joey Bosa had a strong Week 1 with five tackles and a sack. He had nine fantasy points. Bosa was a top-five scorer in 2019 and had double-digit sacks. Even against the Chiefs, he is always a strong play.
3. Aaron Donald – Los Angeles Rams
The Eagles offensive line will have another tough task and they failed to stop Washington’s pass rush. Aaron Donald will get an injured Eagles offensive line and that spells trouble for the Eagles in Week 2.
4. Cameron Heyward – Pittsburgh Steelers
There are not many better than Cameron Hayward who had an interception in Week 1, yes an interception. Hayward gets another strong matchup against Denver.
5. Cameron Jordan – New Orleans Saints
Cameron Jordan had a quiet Week 1 which was a concern I mentioned last week. This is a better spot for him and he is one of the more consistent options at defensive end.
6. Frank Clark – Kansas City Chiefs
The Chargers are middle of the road against opposing defensive lineman and they just lost their starting center for the season. Frank Clark is one of the top options this week.
7. DeForest Buckner – Indianapolis Colts
Minnesota allowed the 12th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive lineman in 2019 and the offensive line looked questionable in Week 1. Buckner had a great season in San Francisco last season and that will carry into Indy.
8. J.J. Watt – Houston Texans
JJ Watt has fallen off a bit in being a consistent top eight-player, but I like him here. Baltimore was in the middle of the league in fantasy points allowed to defensive linemen.
1. Darius Leonard – Indianapolis Colts
Darius Leonard was the top scorer in 2019 despite missing three games. He is a tackle machine and also plays well in pass coverage as well.
2. Joe Schobert – Jacksonville Jaguars
Joe Schobert is another one who is just a top-scoring linebacker and his worth went up when he went to Jacksonville in the offseason. He had 89 tackles in 2019.
3. Jordan Hicks – Arizona Cardinals
It is another good week for Jordan Hicks, who was a top-eight guy for most of last season. Washington is also a great spot for Hicks to rack up tackles.
4. Bobby Wagner – Seattle Seahawks
The Seahawks had two top linebackers in 2019, with Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright. Both are strong options, but Wagner just misses the cut. Wagner was a top ten scorer last season. Given the heavy run approach by the Patriots, they allowed the most tackles to linebackers in Week 1.
5. Jaylon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
The Falcons are usually a team to start IDP players against because there is so much volume available. They allowed the 10th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers.
6. Cory Littleton – Las Vegas Raiders
Cory Littleton moved to Las Vegas and the IDP value stays the same. He is an active guy in the pass defense but also racked up 80 tackles.
7. DeMario Davis – New Orleans Saints
DeMario Davis ranks inside the top ten in scoring after Week 1 as he had one sack and five tackles. This is a great matchup for Davis, who has allowed the 7th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers.
8. Blake Martinez – New York Giants
Blake Martinez is going to continue to rack up a lot of tackles and he did that in Week 1 with eight tackles. Given his role in the defense, he will need to clean up a lot against this Bears offense.
1. Jamal Adams – Seattle Seahawks
There was some doubt about Jamal Adams playing as close to the line as he did in New York. Adams was quite aggressive and will be able to press again against New England. Adams had eight tackles and a sack in Week 1. The Patriots allowed the 6th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs in 2019.
2. Budda Baker – Arizona Cardinals
Budda Baker is one of the few secondary players you can count on getting a ton of tackles. He had ten in Week 1 and will be a consistent performer.
3. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
This is a great spot for Jordan Poyer who gets Miami this week. The Dolphins allowed the 4th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs.
4. Tracy Walker – Detroit Lions
Tracy Walker is another one as he had eight tackles and a pass deflection in Week 1. Walker, when healthy, was a top-eight IDP player at the secondary positions in 2019.
5. Harrison Smith – Minnesota Vikings
Defensive backs were a sneaky start against the Colts last season and that will be better this year with Philip Rivers under center. Jacksonville’s secondary had 28 tackles and two picks in Week 1.
6. Kevin Byard – Tennessee Titans
Kevin Byard was one of the top scorers last season as a secondary player. Byard came out in Week 1 with a forced fumble and eight tackles.
7. John Johnson – Los Angeles Rams
Both of these safeties both John Johnson and Taylor Rapp are key safeties this week. The Washington secondary had a great game in Week 1.
8. Landon Collins – Washington Football Team
The Cardinals run a ton of players and there will be a lot of work for the secondary players in this one. Landon Collins is one of the better IDP safeties and creeps into the top-eight this week.
- Week 2 Top Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 2 Top RB Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 2 Top WR Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 2 Top QB Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 2 Top TE Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 2 Top K Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 2 Top DEF/DST Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 2 Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 2 Fantasy Football QB Rankings (PPR)
- Week 2 Fantasy Football RB Rankings (PPR)
- Week 2 Fantasy Football WR Rankings (PPR)
- Week 2 Fantasy Football TE Rankings (PPR)
- Week 2 Fantasy Football Kicker Rankings
- Week 2 Fantasy Football DEF/DST Rankings
- Week 2 Fantasy Football Top 9 Fantasy Defenses
- Week 2 Fantasy Football QB Start/Sit Strategy
- Week 2 Fantasy Football RB Start/Sit Strategy
- Week 2 Fantasy Football WR Start/Sit Strategy
- Week 2 Fantasy Football TE Start/Sit Strategy
- Top 5 Fantasy Football Matchups Week 2
- Fantasy Football Sleepers Week 2
- Top 8 Fantasy Football Streamers
- Week 2 Top 24 IDP Player Rankings
- Week 2 NFL Injury Status Report