No matter how your IDP roster is set up, we have you covered. Just like offensive players, defensive players can have positive and negative matchups that will reflect in their fantasy potential. The top seven names are broken down for each week between defensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs. Some leagues, you might no restrictions and just need to roster IDP players, and you can find them as a whole in our rankings. Get the rest of your fantasy football lineup figured out with our projections page.
- Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings
- PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Half-PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterback Fantasy Football Rankings
- Wide Receiver Fantasy Football Rankings
- Running Back Fantasy Football Rankings
- Tight End Fantasy Football Rankings
- Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defensive Player(IDP) Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defense Fantasy Football Rankings
1. Joey Bosa – Los Angeles Chargers
Joey Bosa is delivering with two sacks and seven tackles in his first two games. Bosa had some consistency issues at times last season and this year has been a lot more involved.
2. Myles Garrett – Cleveland Browns
It is only a matter of time before Myles Garrett gets going and this might be the week. Washington’s offensive line is still a major question mark. Even with Garrett having just one sack he ranks 12th in scoring.
3. Cameron Heyward – Pittsburgh Steelers
Cameron Heyward is a consistent top-five option each week. The Texans offensive line remains an issue and that will leave Heyward with plenty of chances this weekend.
4. Chase Young – Washington Football Team
We get to watch two of the top young pass rushers in this game. Chase Young is already off to a great start to his career with 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble.
5. DeForest Buckner – Indianapolis Colts
DeForest Buckner had a big week against the Vikings and will get another great matchup this week against a Jets team missing key members on their offensive line.
6. Aaron Donald – Los Angeles Rams
We might be getting to the same issue as last season if Aaron Donald as a stretch where he makes more of a real-life impact in comparison to fantasy. He is every offensive line’s focus.
7. Cameron Jordan – New Orleans Saints
The Packers haven’t dealt with much of a pass rush yet this season but that will change this week. Cameron Jordan has had a quiet start to the season, but remains one of the top defensive ends in football.
8. Sam Hubbard – Cincinnati Bengals
The Eagles offensive line has struggled to start the season and has allowed seven sacks and the second-most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive lineman.
1. Darius Leonard – Indianapolis Colts
It is kind of an odd list right now for scoring, but Darius Leonard will be alright. Those turnover and pass defense stats will turn up as they have in each year of his career.
2. Bobby Wagner – Seattle Seahawks
The Cowboys have allowed the 4th most fantasy points to opposing linebackers. Bobby Wagner will have a chance to clean up in the tackle department as usual.
3. Jaylon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
Jaylon Smith has been all over the place in the first two games of 2020. He is 11th in linebacker scoring through the first two games and has 13 total tackles. Look for that to continue against Seattle.
4. Blake Martinez – New York Giants
This Giants defense has turned up for two good games and Blake Martinez is where he usually is, top ten in linebacker scoring. San Francisco has allowed the 11th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers.
5. Devin White – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Devin White is all over the field with 17 tackles in two games and also has two pass deflections. White is in a great spot again as the Broncos have allowed the 7th most fantasy points per game to linebackers.
6. Jordan Hicks – Arizona Cardinals
Jordan Hicks hasn’t found the sack column yet, but he is still having an impact on this improved Cardinals defense. This should be a breakout week with the Lions allowed three sacks and 35 tackles to linebackers.
7. Cory Littleton – Las Vegas Raiders
Against New England, this tends to be a good spot for linebackers. It is a heavy run team and there plenty of short passes. This is a spot where linebackers can clean up.
8. DeMario Davis – New Orleans Saints
DeMario Davis ranks 20th in scoring with double-digit tackles and a sack. Davis is a reliable weekly option who often is top ten in tackles each week.
1. Jamal Adams – Seattle Seahawks
Jamal Adams had another top-end IDP week and is up to two sacks and 14 tackles. More will be coming this week against Dallas. Adams might just rude out the number one spot over the next few weeks.
2. Budda Baker – Arizona Cardinals
Budda Baker has 14 tackles in the first two games and this continues to be the main asset. It makes him one of the more consistent secondary players to roster. The Lions have allowed the 10th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs
3. Tracy Walker – Detroit Lions
The Cardinals were a team to target with defensive backs last season and that continues to be the trend. Look for Walker to rack up plenty of tackles this week.
4. Landon Collins – Washington Football Team
Unlike last season, Landon Collins is back up in the top of IDP scoring ranking 11th among secondary players through two weeks. Cleveland is a good spot for Collins to produce.
5. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
Jordan Poyer will find his way into the top 15 in scoring by the halfway mark. We get a lot of those secondary players who have an interception or two up top, yet they won’t be there in a few weeks.
6. Harrison Smith – Minnesota Vikings
The Vikings defense has not been good this season and Harrison Smith is one of the few names healthy and remaining from the defense we knew over the last few years. He is still a strong play each week.
7. Kevin Byard – Tennessee Titans
Kevin Byard doesn’t have the pass stats to go with the tackles just yet but that might be coming against Kirk Cousins and the Vikings. Minnesota is middle of the road in fantasy points allowed to opposing defensive backs.
8. John Johnson – Los Angeles Rams
Both Taylor Rapp and John Johnson are strong plays this week. Defensive backs have the most points against the Bills so far this season and have a league-high 57 tackles.
- 2019 NFL Schedule
- 2019 NFL Bye Weeks Schedule
- Bye Weeks Cheat Sheet (Search)
- NFL Targets
- NFL Snap Counts
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire
- Fantasy Football Articles
- NFL Power Rankings Week 3
- Defense Fantasy Power Rankings (Season)
- Defensive Player (IDP) Fantasy Rankings
- Week 3 Defense Fantasy Rankings
- Week 3 NFL Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 3 NFL Defense Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 3 NFL WR Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 3 NFL RB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 3 NFL Kicker Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 3 NFL WR Rankings PPR
- Week 3 NFL Fantasy Football Rankings PPR
- Week 3 NFL QB Rankings
- Week 3 NFL TE Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 3 NFL Kicker Rankings
- Week 3 NFL RB Rankings PPR
- Week 3 TE Start Em', Sit Em'
- Week 3 RB Start Em', Sit Em'
- Week 3 Top 10 Fantasy Football Defenses