Top 24 Defensive Players (IDP) Rankings For Week 4: Jaylon Smith Has Massive Upside Against Cleveland
No matter how your IDP roster is set up, we have you covered. Just like offensive players, defensive players can have positive and negative matchups that will reflect in their fantasy potential. The top seven names are broken down for each week between defensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs. Some leagues, you might no restrictions and just need to roster IDP players, and you can find them as a whole in our rankings. Get the rest of your fantasy football lineup figured out with our projections page.
- Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings
- PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Half-PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterback Fantasy Football Rankings
- Wide Receiver Fantasy Football Rankings
- Running Back Fantasy Football Rankings
- Tight End Fantasy Football Rankings
- Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defensive Player(IDP) Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defense Fantasy Football Rankings
1. Aaron Donald – Los Angeles Rams
Aaron Donald gets a weak Giants offensive line and this is too good of a spot for him to not produce. While he has shifted to making others better as he soaks up double teams, I really like him this week.
2. Joey Bosa – Los Angeles Chargers
Joey Bosa is already off to a terrific start and is 10th in scoring at the defensive lineman position. He has three sacks but also has nine tackles. He gets Tampa this week.
3. Myles Garrett – Cleveland Browns
The Cowboys have allowed the 6th most fantasy points to opposing defensive lineman, and Myles Garrett is one of the best in the business. Garrett ranks second in IDP scoring at defensive line.
4. DeForest Buckner – Indianapolis Colts
Chicago has an offensive line that struggles quite a bit and DeForest Buckner has made a difference for the Colts line. Chicago is allowing the 10th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive lineman.
5. Chris Jones – Kansas City Chiefs
New England’s offensive line isn’t as strong as it was last season and they are in the middle of the league in fantasy points allowed to defensive lineman. Jones also has some added tackle upside.
6. Cameron Jordan – New Orleans Saints
Cameron Jordan has been a key focus for opposing offensive lineman to the point I might move off him if he can’t get it going this week against an offensive line that he should beat.
7. J.J. Watt – Houston Texans
JJ watt isn’t the player he used to be and he has had one upside game this season but has fallen short. That was kind of the case last year and this is how he will be. Minnesota’s offensive line is worth targeting.
8. Josh Allen – Jacksonville Jaguars
Josh Allen ranks inside the top eight for me this week due to the upside. Cincinnati has allowed 11.5 sacks to opposing defensive lineman this season. The floor is a bit lower on Allen but with the Titans/Steelers game canceled Allen gets bumped up.
1. Darius Leonard – Indianapolis Colts
Darius Leonard is coming off his best week of the season and while the monster numbers are not there yet this season, he has been a top IDP player since entering the league.
2. Bobby Wagner – Seattle Seahawks
Bobby Wagner has been quiet so far this season but he remains one of the best linebacker options on a weekly basis. He racks up tackles and is a consistent player.
3. Jaylon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
The Browns are allowing 22.8 fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers and Jaylon Smith is one of the better ones in the league. Smith is averaging nine points per game.
4. Blake Martinez – New York Giants
Blake Martinez is a model of consistency and ranks 6th in IDP scoring at linebacker. That should continue this week against a Rams team that will run the ball quite a bit.
5. Devin White – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Devin White is continuing his fine IDP scoring form from his rookie season. He has 20 tackles this season, averaging 9.5 points per game. White is in a great spot this weekend
6. DeMario Davis – New Orleans Saints
DeMario Davis has a tremendous matchup this week as the Lions have allowed the second-most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers. Davis has big-time tackle upside.
7. Micah Kiser – Los Angeles Rams
Micah Kiser is making a name for himself and the matchup is strong with the Giants allowing the third-most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers this season.
8. Zack Cunningham – Houston Texans
Zack Cunningham is second in scoring at the linebacker position this season. He has 25 tackles and a sack through the first three weeks of the season, averaging 11.2 points per game.
1. Tracy Walker – Detroit Lions
Tracy Walker is generally one of the top-scoring players but ranks 27th. His tackles are up as usual with 19 but the other stats have yet to come. The upside is there this week.
2. Landon Collins – Washington Football Team
The Washington defense has a tough matchup overall this week and Landon Collins will have his hands full with this one. He remains a strong option still.
3. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
Jordan Poyer is crushing as usual, as he ranks 8th ins coring ahead of Jamal Adams and Budda Baker. Poyer has been a top scorer at the position. He gets the Raiders this week.
4. Harrison Smith – Minnesota Vikings
Harrison Smith has 12 tackles and two pass deflections this season. Minnesota’s front seven is banged up and the defense is struggling as a whole. Smith should see plenty of action this week.
5. Jonathan Abram – Las Vegas Raiders
The Bills have allowed the most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs this season, and Jonathan Abram has quietly been racking up fantasy points. Abram ranks 21st in scoring among secondary players.
6. John Johnson – Los Angeles Rams
John Johnson ranks 14th in scoring among secondary players, with 15 tackles, one interception, and three pass deflections. Johnson is a solid player and gets a ton of work.
7. Keanu Neal – Atlanta Falcons
Keanu Neal has been injured for most of the last few seasons but I love the upside this week. He has 13 tackles but the pass defense stats have yet to show up. Keep an eye on Neal if you need a fill-in option.
8. Tyrann Mathieu – Kansas City Chiefs
I like targeting these active defensive backs against the Patriots as they will play around the line a lot with how their offense works and the Patriots provide a bit more turnover upside with Newton under center.
- 2019 NFL Schedule
- 2019 NFL Bye Weeks Schedule
- Bye Weeks Cheat Sheet (Search)
- NFL Targets
- NFL Snap Counts
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire
- Fantasy Football Articles
- Defense Fantasy Power Rankings (Season)
- Defensive Player (IDP) Fantasy Rankings
- Week 4 Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 4 Defense (DEF) Rankings
- Week 4 RB Waiver Wire Picks & Adds
- Week 4 WR Waiver Wire Picks & Adds
- Week 4 TE Waiver Wire Picks & Adds
- Week 4 Kicker Waiver Wire Picks & Adds
- Week 4 Defense Waiver Wire Picks & Adds
- Week 4 Fantasy Rankings PPR Stats & Projections
- Week 4 QB Rankings Stats & Projections
- Week 4 RB Rankings PPR Stats & Projections
- Week 4 WR Rankings PPR Stats & Projections
- Week 4 TE Rankings PPR Stats & Projections
- Week 4 QB Start'em/Sit'em Strategy
- Week 4 RB Start'em/Sit'em Strategy
- Week 4 WR Start'em/Sit'em Strategy
- Week 4 TE Start'em/Sit'em Strategy
- Week 4 Top 10 Fantasy Football Defenses
- NFL Power Rankings Week 4