No matter how your IDP roster is set up, we have you covered. Just like offensive players, defensive players can have positive and negative matchups that will reflect in their fantasy potential. The top seven names are broken down for each week between defensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs. In some leagues, you might no restrictions and just need to roster IDP players, and you can find them as a whole in our rankings. Get the rest of your fantasy football lineup figured out with our projections page.
- Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings
- PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Half-PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterback Fantasy Football Rankings
- Wide Receiver Fantasy Football Rankings
- Running Back Fantasy Football Rankings
- Tight End Fantasy Football Rankings
- Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defensive Player(IDP) Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defense Fantasy Football Rankings
1. Aaron Donald – Los Angeles Rams
Aaron Donald has been on another level this season and he is back producing fantasy points as well. He gets the 49ers this week who have a struggling offensive line and are allowing the 11th most fantasy points to defensive lineman but a whopping ten sacks.
2. Myles Garrett – Cleveland Browns
Myles Garrett continues to produce at a high pace and both him and Donald are the top scorers at the position. Garrett has six sacks already this season and he has three forced fumbles.
3. Chase Young – Washington Football Team
New York has allowed nine sacks to defensive lineman this season and Chase Young is in a great spot to derail what has been one of the worst offensive lines of the season so far.
4. Yannick Ngakoue – Minnesota Vikings
Yannick Ngakoue has played extremely well this season and has five sacks. He has tried to make up for the absence of Danielle Hunter. Against a below-average Atlanta offensive line, there are a few sacks in there.
5. Cameron Heyward – Pittsburgh Steelers
Cameron Heyward has been a staple of IDP scoring at the defensive line position over the last few seasons. His scoring has been down to start the season but he is in a great spot this week.
6. DeForest Buckner – Indianapolis Colts
DeForest Buckner and the rest of the Colts front line is in a great spot this week. Cincinnati is allowing a whopping 24.7 fantasy points per game to defensive lineman and have allowed 12.5 sacks.
7. Chris Jones – Kansas City Chiefs
Chris Jones is 6th in IDP scoring among defensive lineman and is a crucial part of the Chiefs front line. I like his upside this week against a Bills team that is dealing with some injuries.
8. Calais Campbell – Baltimore Ravens
We definitely want to target the Eagles offensive line. They have allowed 14.5 sacks to defensive lineman alone and the most fantasy points per game in the league.
1. Blake Martinez – New York Giants
Blake Martinez is averaging 9.9 fantasy points per game this season and is a tremendous option yet again. You can count on him for the consistent scoring week in and week out.
2. Jerome Baker – Miami Dolphins
Jerome Baker has played well this season, averaging 8.9 points per game. He is in a great spot this week. The Jets are allowing the 6th most fantasy points to opposing linebackers this season.
3. Jaylon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
The Cowboys defense may be bad, but Jaylon Smith continues to fly around and make plays. Smith is going to be needed in trying to control the Arizona ground game this week.
4. Devin White – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Devin White and Lavonte David are both well in play for top-eight performers this week. White has been a solid IDP performer since coming into the league.
5. Devin Bush – Pittsburgh Steelers
The Browns are allowing the 11th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers this season. Bush was a bit quiet last week and is in a good rebound spot.
6. Joe Schobert – Jacksonville Jaguars
Joe Schobert has not been his dominant IDP self so far this season but we know the track record. He gets a Lions team allowing the 8th most fantasy points per game to linebackers.
7. TJ Watt – Pittsburgh Steelers
TJ Watt is 10th in points per game this season and already has 4.5 sacks on the year. Watt is a strong option against the Browns who are allowing 23.9 fantasy points per game.
8. Zack Cunningham – Houston Texans
Zack Cunningham has 39 tackles in five games and also has two sacks. He is averaging 10.9 fantasy points per game so far this season. It is a decent spot against the Titans as well.
1. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
Jordan Poyer is averaging 8.6 points per game this season and continues to be a rock in IDP scoring. No surprise to see him at the top of the list against the Chiefs this week.
2. Harrison Smith – Minnesota Vikings
Defensive backs against the Falcons has always been a strong matchup. That holds true this season as they have allowed the 7th most fantasy points per game to defensive backs. Harrison Smtih is in a great spot.
3. Landon Collins – Washington Football Team
Landon Collins is a top-20 scorer at the defensive back position so far this season. One big week can shoot him in the top five as we know how tight scoring can be. Collins gets a Giants offense that is turnover prone and has big upside.
4. Justin Simmons – Denver Broncos
Justin Simmons is a guy I like especially when he can play up a bit in a game like this. He ranks 16thin defensive back scoring and is always a solid option. The Patriots are allowing the 5th most fantasy points to defensive backs.
5. Kevin Byard – Tennessee Titans
Kevin Byard has been a bit slow out of the gates but is a strong option this week against Houston. Byard has a solid track record and is a top eight play once again.
6. Tracy Walker – Detroit Lions
Tracy Walker is one of those defensive backs that is reliable week-to-week because he racks up tackles. He has 23 in four games and is averaging 7.3 points per game.
7. Jeremy Chinn – Carolina Panthers
With the Chicago Bears allowing the 6th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs, the rookie Jeremy Chinn is in a strong spot and has been a big part of the Panthers success in the secondary.
8. Tyrann Mathieu – Kansas City Chiefs
The Buffalo Bills are allowing the most fantasy points to opposing defensive backs this season and it isn’t even close. This is a great spot for an upside game from Mathieu.
- 2019 NFL Schedule
- 2019 NFL Bye Weeks Schedule
- NFL Targets
- NFL Snap Counts
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire
- Fantasy Football Articles
- Defense Fantasy Power Rankings (Season)
- Defensive Player (IDP) Fantasy Rankings
- NFL Power Rankings Week 6
- Week 6 Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 6 RB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 6 WR Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 6 DEF/DST Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 6 Full Rankings
- Week 6 QB Rankings
- Week 6 RB PPR Rankings
- Week 6 WR PPR Rankings
- Week 6 TE PPR Rankings
- Week 6 DEF/DST Rankings
- Week 6 Top 9 Defense Rankings
- Week 6 K Rankings
- Week 6 Top 24 IDP Rankings
- Week 6 RB Start Em', Sit Em'
- Week 6 WR Start Em', Sit Em'
- Who to Drop, Who to Pickup
- QB Start, Sit Week 6
- Week 6 PPR Streamers: Bye Week 6
- Fantasy Football PPR Streamers Week 6
- Week 6 Kicker Waiver Wire Pickups
- Top 5 Fantasy Sleepers Week 6