No matter how your IDP roster is set up, we have you covered. Just like offensive players, defensive players can have positive and negative matchups that will reflect in their fantasy potential. The top seven names are broken down for each week between defensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs. In some leagues, you might no restrictions and just need to roster IDP players, and you can find them as a whole in our rankings. Get the rest of your fantasy football lineup figured out with our projections page.
- Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings
- PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Half-PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterback Fantasy Football Rankings
- Wide Receiver Fantasy Football Rankings
- Running Back Fantasy Football Rankings
- Tight End Fantasy Football Rankings
- Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defensive Player(IDP) Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defense Fantasy Football Rankings
1. Aaron Donald – Los Angeles Rams
Aaron Donald is currently second in fantasy points among defensive lineman this season. Donald has 7.5 sacks on the season and gets an average Chicago offensive line to take advantage of this week.
2. Myles Garrett – Cleveland Browns
Myles Garrett is in a smash spot this week, as the Bengals have allowed 14.5 sacks to defensive lineman this season. It is a struggling offensive line and Garrett is the best in the business.
3. Chase Young – Washington Football Team
The Cowboys offensive line has been hit by the injury bug and it shows. They are struggling with protecting the quarterback alongside opening holes for Elliott. Now you get Chase Young who is the up and coming pass-rusher. Dallas is allowing the 8th most fantasy points to defensive lineman.
4. Joey Bosa – Los Angeles Chargers
Joey Bosa has struggled over the last two weeks against good offensive lines. Bosa had 6, 7, and 9 fantasy points in the first three games and is in a bounce-back spot this week.
5. Cameron Heyward – Pittsburgh Steelers
The Titans are middle of the road in fantasy points allowed to defensive lineman and Cameron Heyward is one of the best in the business. He was a top five defensive lineman in fantasy scoring last season.
6. Cameron Jordan – New Orleans Saints
Cameron Jordan is one of the best pass-rushers in the game and is a strong option this week. While the 2020 numbers haven’t shown up, Carolina’s offensive line is beatable.
7. Chris Jones – Kansas City Chiefs
Chris Jones has been very solid and ranks 10th in fantasy points per game this season. He has 3.5 sacks and two forced fumbles on the year.
8. Aldon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
Washington has allowed the 9th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive lineman and like the Cowboys the Washington offensive line has really struggled.
1. Bobby Wagner – Seattle Seahawks
Bobby Wagner is averaging 8.6 fantasy points per game which ranks 11th among linebackers this season. Good matchup this week against the Cardinals as well in a paced up game.
2. Jaylon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
Jaylon Smith is in a good spot this week with the Washington Football Team allowing the most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers this season. Smith ranks tenth among linebackers in points per game.
3. Devin White – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Not many young linebackers are better than Devin White. He ranks 13th in linebacker scoring this season and is in a great spot this week against the Raiders. They could move this game but still within Week 7.
4. Shaq Thompson – Carolina Panthers
The Saints are allowing the 2nd most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers this season. Shaq Thompson has been a big part of this Panthers defense. Thompson is averaging 7.1 fantasy points per game.
5. Demario Davis – New Orleans Saints
Demario Davis continues to be a problem in the IDP world and this week the Panthers have allowed 99 tackles to linebackers and the 10th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers.
6. Joe Schobert – Jacksonville Jaguars
Joe Schobert is in a good spot this week. The Jaguars have allowed the third-most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers this season. Schobert moved up the fantasy rankings with a big week against Detroit. He now ranks top 20 in scoring.
7. TJ Watt – Pittsburgh Steelers
Tennessee has allowed 22.2 fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers. The Steelers linebackers took a hit with Devin Bush being ruled out for the year but Watt can certainly make impacts.
8. Zack Cunningham – Houston Texans
Zack Cunningham is one of the top IDP players on the board. He ranks 4th in scoring and has generated 41 tackles already on the season.
1. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
Jordan Poyer is a strong option, as usual, this week. He ranks 5th in scoring among defensive backs and is one of the backs who will play up at times and put the lumber on runners. He has 39 tackles this season.
2. Budda Baker – Arizona Cardinals
Budda Baker is back and ready to roll. he has 59 fantasy points on the season, only trailing Mike Hilton in fantasy points per game. Baker is a fantastic option as usual.
3. Landon Collins – Washington Football Team
Dallas has allowed the most fantasy points to opposing defensive backs this season, and have allowed a whopping 40.8 points per game. Collins is a bit boom or bust but there is that upside.
4. John Johnson – Los Angeles Rams
John Johnson is in a sweet spot this week with the Bears allowing the 8th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs. Chicago’s offense can always give a lift to opposing defensive backs.
5. Kevin Byard – Tennessee Titans
Kevin Byard is a strong play this week against Pittsburgh and while he relies a bit on the turnover a bit but this is a week where that can happen and he will have opportunity to play that center field role.
6. Tracy Walker – Detroit Lions
Defensive backs against the Falcons is always a favorable spot. Tracy Walker racks up plenty of tackles and the Falcons are allowing 149 over six games. They are also allowing the 7th most fantasy points per game.
7. Jeremy Chinn – Carolina Panthers
Jeremy Chinn ranks 14th in fantasy points among defensive backs. Chinn continues to fly around the field and is going to need to have a big game if the Panthers want to chip away at the Saints offense.
8. Tyrann Mathieu – Kansas City Chiefs
Denver has allowed the second-most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs this season. Mathieu hasn’t played as well in fantasy scoring the past two weeks but this is a bounce back spot.
- Week 7 Waiver Wire Top Pickups & Adds
- Week 7 QB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 7 RB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 7 WR Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 7 TE Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 7 DEF/DST Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 7 Kicker Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 7 Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 7 QB Fantasy Football Rankings
- Week 7 RB Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 7 WR Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 7 TE Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 7 DEF Fantasy Football Rankings
- Week 7 Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Week 7 Fantasy Football WR Start/Sit Strategy