No matter how your IDP roster is set up, we have you covered. Just like offensive players, defensive players can have positive and negative matchups that will reflect in their fantasy potential. The top seven names are broken down for each week between defensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs. In some leagues, you might no restrictions and just need to roster IDP players, and you can find them as a whole in our rankings. Get the rest of your fantasy football lineup figured out with our projections page.
- Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings
- PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Half-PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterback Fantasy Football Rankings
- Wide Receiver Fantasy Football Rankings
- Running Back Fantasy Football Rankings
- Tight End Fantasy Football Rankings
- Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defensive Player(IDP) Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defense Fantasy Football Rankings
1. Aaron Donald – Los Angeles Rams
It is a great spot once again for Aaron Donald and he has been extremely dominant. He gets the Dolphins offensive line this week which hasn’t given up a ton of sacks but still ranks inside the bottom half.
2. Myles Garrett – Cleveland Browns
Myles Garrett is going to be a top-three option each week and going up against the Raiders this week. They are allowing the 10th most fantasy points per game to a defensive lineman.
3. Jason Pierre-Paul – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Revenge game for Jason Pierre-Paul? Either way, there is a strong matchup for him this week with the Giants allowing 12 sacks to defensive lineman and the 11th most fantasy points per game.
4. Joey Bosa – Los Angeles Chargers
Joey Bosa has had an up and down season as far as scoring goes but this is a good week against the Broncos where he can get after an average offensive line and put some pressure on Drew Lock.
5. Cameron Heyward – Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore has been a team to target defensive lineman this season. They have allowed 21.3 fantasy points per game and 12 sacks total. This is a run-heavy team as well which bodes well for Heyward’s upside.
6. Cameron Jordan – New Orleans Saints
Cameron Jordan has had a quiet start to the season as more teams are putting a focus on him. However, the Bears matchup is certainly in his favor with middling pass protection and poor quarterback play.
7. Chris Jones – Kansas City Chiefs
No surprise to see the Jets letting up big points to opposing defensive players. The Jets are allowing the 6th most fantasy points per game and Chris Jones is in a prime spot for a big week.
8. Aldon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
With the injuries to the Eagles offensive line, we have been able to target them. They have allowed a whopping 19.5 sacks this season and 25.3 fantasy points per game. Aldon Smith is in a good spot.
1. Bobby Wagner – Seattle Seahawks
Bobby Wagner comes in number one this week with a strong matchup against the 49ers. They are allowing the 7th most fantasy points per game to linebackers on the year.
2. Jaylon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
Jaylon Smith currently ranks 7th in scoring on the year and has averaged 8.8 fantasy points per game. He is doing it without getting to the quarterback and is racking up plenty of tackles.
3. Devin White – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Devin White is your number one scoring linebacker this season He has four sacks, and has a fumble recovery, and forced fumble. he also has 40 tackles over the seven games this season.
4. Darius Leonard – Indianapolis Colts
Darius Leonard is back from injury this week and he has been a top-scoring IDP player over the last few seasons. He gets a good welcome back game against the Lions, who have allowed the 8th most fantasy points.
5. DeMario Davis – New Orleans Saints
DeMario Davis is averaging 6.7 fantasy points per game and this is a game this week where he can rack up a lot of tackles against a run-heavy Chicago offense that will likely try and grind this one out.
6. Blake Martinez – New York Giants
Blake Martinez has the second most fantasy points among linebackers this season, sitting with 9.9 fantasy points per game and 69.5. Martinez has 45 tackles over seven games.
7. TJ Watt – Pittsburgh Steelers
TJ Watt is a high upside play who is averaging 8.1 fantasy points per game this season and ranks 23rd in scoring despite playing one less game than some above him.
8. Jerome Baker – Miami Dolphins
Jerome Baker is a strong linebacker option against a run-heavy Rams offense. Baker has averaged 8.3 fantasy points per game this season. He ranks top 25 in linebacker scoring.
1. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
Jordan Poyer is in a tremendous spot again this week going up against the Patriots, who have allowed the 4th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs this season.
2. Harrison Smith – Minnesota Vikings
Harrison Smith might not be what he used to be and the Vikings defense around him certainly doesn’t help, but he has a strong track record against the Packers.
3. Marcus Maye – New York Jets
Marcus Maye currently ranks 7th in IDP scoring and is averaging 7.9 fantasy points per game this season. He is a strong play this week against the Chiefes.
4. John Johnson – Los Angeles Rams
John Johnson has really been stepping up of late and he is in a good spot this week against the Dolphins. They will be facing Tua in his first start and this Rams defense will certainly welcome him to the league.
5. Kevin Byard – Tennessee Titans
Kevin Byard is one of the top-scoring safeties in the IDP world and the Bengals are allowing 39.3 fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs. There is plenty of upside here this week as the Bengals throw a ton of volume.
6. Tracy Walker – Detroit Lions
Tracy Walker is one of the tackle machines in the secondary and faces a Colts team allowing the 9th most fantasy points per game to opposing secondary players. Walker is a prime play this week.
7. Jabrill Peppers – New York Giants
Jabrill Peppers has been flying around when healthy this season and he gets a sneaky good spot against the Buccaneers where he will certainly be needed to play up a bit at times.
8. Tyrann Mathieu – Kansas City Chiefs
Tyrann Mathieu is averaging 6.9 fantasy points per game this season and I like him quite a bit this week against the Jets. No real surprise as they have been giving away plenty of fantasy points to opposing secondaries.
- 2019 NFL Schedule
- 2019 NFL Bye Weeks Schedule
- Bye Weeks Cheat Sheet (Search)
- NFL Targets
- NFL Snap Counts
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire
- Fantasy Football Articles
- Defense Fantasy Power Rankings (Season)
- Defensive Player (IDP) Fantasy Rankings
- NFL Power Rankings Week 8
- Week 8 Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 8 RB Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 8 TE Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 8 K Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 8 Defense Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 8 Fantasy Sleepers
- Week 8 Complete PPR Rankings
- Week 8 RB PPR Rankings
- Week 8 WR PPR Rankings
- Week 8 K Rankings
- Week 8 Fantasy Defense Rankings
- Week 8 WR Start/Sit Em
- Week 8 TE Start/Sit Em
- Week 8 Bye Week Replacements
- Week 8 Fantasy Football Injury Status
- Top 5 Fantasy Matchups To Target In Week 8
- Week 8 Top 7 Streamers (PPR)