No matter how your IDP roster is set up, we have you covered. Just like offensive players, defensive players can have positive and negative matchups that will reflect in their fantasy potential. The top eight names are broken down for each week between defensive lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs. In some leagues, you might no restrictions and just need to roster IDP players, and you can find them as a whole in our rankings. Get the rest of your fantasy football lineup figured out with our projections page.
- Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings
- PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Half-PPR Weekly Fantasy Football Rankings
- Quarterback Fantasy Football Rankings
- Wide Receiver Fantasy Football Rankings
- Running Back Fantasy Football Rankings
- Tight End Fantasy Football Rankings
- Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defensive Player(IDP) Fantasy Football Rankings
- Defense Fantasy Football Rankings
1. Chase Young – Washington Football Team
The Giants offensive line has struggled greatly this season and now faces a strong pass-rush with Chase Young and Montez Sweat, who ranks a bit lower. The Giants have allowed 14 sacks to defensive lineman this season.
2. Montez Sweat – Washington Football Team
As mentioned above, the Giants have struggled to protect their quarterback this season and just overall. They have allowed the 10th most fantasy points per game to defensive lineman.
3. Jason Pierre-Paul – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tampa Bay has turned around a few names, but Jason Pierre-Paul has really done damage with 6.5 sacks and three forced fumbles this season. He currently ranks third among defensive lineman scoring and is averaging 8.4 fantasy points per game.
4. Joey Bosa – Los Angeles Chargers
Joey Bosa is in an upside spot this week against the Raiders, who have allowed the 8th most fantasy points per game to defensive lineman. While he has been on and off this season he still ranks fairly high.
5. Stephon Tuitt – Pittsburgh Steelers
Stephon Tuitt has been amazing this season and now gets a Dallas team allowing the second-most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive lineman. They have allowed six forced fumbles and 14.5 sacks.
6. J.J. Watt – Houston Texans
I am looking for JJ Watt to turn up for a throwback big game against the Jaguars. Their offensive line is one to target and has struggled especially over the last few weeks. Watt has slowly racked up some fantasy points in the last few games.
7. Emmanuel Ogbah – Miami Dolphins
Emmanuel Ogbah has had a strong start to the season. Ogbah is 8th in overall points this season and has forced two fumbles to go along with six sacks. Ogbah is in a strong spot again this week.
8. Aldon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
Aldon Smith is a top-scoring defensive lineman this season. Smith is averaging 6.3 fantasy points per game on the season with five sacks and 22 tackles. I would expect more of the same from him this week.
1. Bobby Wagner – Seattle Seahawks
Bobby Wagner continues to be an IDP stud and has averaged 9.8 fantasy points per game on the season. Wagner has 39 tackles and two sacks to go along with a couple of pass deflections.
2. Jaylon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
Jaylon Smith has continued his strong fantasy numbers since last season and the matchup against the Steelers this week is a strong one. They have allowed the 10th most fantasy points to opposing linebackers.
3. Devin White – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Devin White is leading all linebackers in scoring this season with over 80 fantasy points. Heis averaging 10.4 per game and has been doing it across the board with 45 tackles and five sacks.
4. Darius Leonard – Indianapolis Colts
Darius Leonard returned last week with a seven tackle performance, a sack, and a forced fumble. The Ravens are allowing the third-most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers.
5. Eric Kendricks – Minnesota Vikings
Erick Kendricks ranks 3rd in points per game scoring this season and has 56 tackles over seven games. The Lions have allowed the 8th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers.
6. Blake Martinez – New York Giants
Blake Martinez is in a great spot this week with Washington allowing a whopping 31.4 fantasy points per game to linebackers. They have also allowed 11 sacks. Martinez ranks second in fantasy points among linebackers.
7. TJ Watt – Pittsburgh Steelers
Dallas is likely to be a bloodbath this week and TJ Watt can deliver some big blows. Dallas has allowed the 5th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers.
8. Jerome Baker – Miami Dolphins
Jerome Baker has been very solid this season averaging 8.4 fantasy points per game. He has 34 tackles in seven games but has also chipped in for multiple categories.
1. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
Jordan Poyer ranks top ten in fantasy points per game and has the second-most fantasy points overall among defensive backs. Poyer has 54 tackles over eight games.
2. Budda Baker – Arizona Cardinals
Budda Baker is averaging 12.9 fantasy points per game and has 48 tackles in six games. He also has been flying around the field with two picks and one forced fumble. He also has two sacks.
3. Marcus Maye – New York Jets
Marcus Maye is back as a top-eight option in the secondary. He gets a strong matchup against New England, who have allowed the 6th most fantasy points per game to defensive backs.
4. Jamal Adams – Seattle Seahawks
Jamal Adams got in full practices this week and is back in action. Buffalo welcomes him and they have allowed the 8th most fantasy points per game to defensive backs. Adams was averaging 9.2 fantasy points per game before the injury.
5. Malcolm Butler – Tennessee Titans
Not many are allowing more fantasy points to opposing defensive backs this season. Chicago has allowed the fourth-most fantasy points. Butler is making a ton of tackles making him a reliable option.
6. Tracy Walker – Detroit Lions
Speaking of tackles, Tracy Walker racks them up every week. He has 36 in seven games this season and is averaging 6.8 fantasy points per game on the year. He remains a weekly top option.
7. Antoine Winfield Jr. -Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Buccaneers got a real steal in the draft here as Antoine Winfield has been fantastic this season. He is averaging 7.1 fantasy points per game on the year and forcing turnovers.
8. Tyrann Mathieu – Kansas City Chiefs
Tyrann Mathieu is in play again this week, and he has averaged over seven fantasy points per game on the season. This is a game where he should show off some upside as well.
- Week 9 Waiver Wire Top Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 QB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 RB Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 WR Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 TE Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 Kicker Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 DEF/DST Waiver Wire Pickups & Adds
- Week 9 Full Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 QB Fantasy Football Rankings
- Week 9 RB Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 WR Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 TE Fantasy Football Rankings (PPR)
- Week 9 Kicker Fantasy Football Rankings
- Week 9 QB Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 RB Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 WR Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 TE Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 Kicker Start/Sit Fantasy Football Strategy
- Week 9 Top 7 Fantasy Football Flex Options
- Week 9 Top 5 Fantasy Football Matchups
- Week 9 Top 9 Fantasy Football Defenses
- Week 9 Top 24 IDP Fantasy Players
- Week 9 Top Fantasy Football Sleepers
- Week 9 Notable Fantasy Football Injuries