With the NBA on an indefinite hiatus, it doesn’t mean the league is out of sight and out of mind. The Baseline does its best to provide some normalcy during these uncertain times.
– Rounding out the top 5 contenders. The Lakers, Clippers and Bucks are atop of everyone’s list as the top 3 contenders in the NBA this season. As we hope to enter the home stretch of the season The Baseline boys dive into which other teams still have a shot a title.
– Are the defending champs, the Toronto Raptors, a legitimate threat to repeat? They’ve battled injuries to Kyle Lowry, Pascal Siakam, Norman Powell, Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka and Fred VanVleet without really missing a beat.
– The Denver Nuggets haven’t been as dominant as some would have hoped as the team with the least amount of turnover in the West. Still, the team is well-coached and deep. Nikola Jokic has played himself into shape over the course of the season but does the team have enough star power to make a run at the title?
– With two MVPs the Houston Rockets have changed their style of play to accommodate James Harden and Russell Westbrook. The team’s small-ball hopes hinge on P.J. Tucker and Robert Covington playing big enough on the ultimate stage.
– The Philadelphia 76’ers are being compared to last year’s Boston Celtics…a team with all the potential but lacking the chemistry to come together. With Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons both struggling with injuries throughout the year, questions mount regarding their ability to stay healthy and turn the 76’ers into the contenders many thought they’d be.
– The Boston Celtics lack size and bench depth but have put together an impressive season. Jayson Tatum’s stardom is real but the team’s deficiencies scream smoke and mirrors regarding their record. Will Kemba Walker rise when the lights are brightest?
– Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo have the Miami Heat ahead of schedule. Could the team’s toughness and tight chemistry prove to be enough to upset teams in the East?
Who Ya Got?
– Bam Adebayo vs Pascal Siakam: We pit two of the league’s most versatile bigs against each other in our coveted segment.
Coast to Coast
– Ben Simmons out at least another 3 weeks
– DeMar DeRozan opting out
– JB Bickerstaff gets a four-year extension