With the trade deadline in our rearview and the All-Star weekend ahead, The Baseline boys stay firmly in the present analyzing some of the league’s hottest news including:
– Toronto is handling the East and the departure of Kawhi Leonard better than expected. As the hottest team in the NBA are they an underrated contender? Katie Heindl from Raptors.com helps us to understand their season.
– How has the team managed to win despite Pascal Siakam, Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Marc Gasol and – – – Norman Powell all missing significant time?
– Masa Ujiri is the mastermind behind the roster construction but Toronto has one of the best player development teams in the NBA.
– Is Nick Nurse getting enough credit for the team’s defense and should he be more highly regarding in the Coach of the Year discussion?
– The team possesses a championship pedigree and calmness that is keeping them grounded and unafraid of anybody in the Easy, including the Milwaukee Bucks.
– Toronto stayed quite and deadline in hopes of keeping their chemistry tight, Katie explains to us more improvement could be coming from within once O.G. Anunoby gains his confidence.
– NBA Trade Deadline Review
– Clint Capella lands in Atlanta and Robert Covington to Houston in a massive 12-player deal.
– Andre Drummond to the Cavs for Brandon Knight, John Henson and a second-round pick
– Andre Iguodala & Jae Crowder to Miami as Justise Winslow, Gorgui Dieng, Dion Waiters land in Memphis, James Johnson to Minnesota.
– D’Angelo Russell to Minnesota for Andrew Wiggins and a conditional first-round pick.
– Marcus Morris, Isaiah Thomas (waived) to the Clippers, Jerome Robinson to the Wizards and the Knicks get Maurice Harkless, a first-round pick and other draft considerations.
– Sixers acquire Glen Robinson III and Alec Burks.
Coast to Coast
– Steve Mills fired by the Knicks
– Hornets buy out Marvin Williams and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
– Reggie Jackson deciding on buyout from the Pistons.