Throw a Knockout Punch in DraftKing’s SHO Boxing Pick `Em Challenge
DraftKings has launched a special promotion that will excite every avid boxing fan. Even the casual boxing enthusiast would be thrilled to take home the top prize. In conjunction with Showtime Boxing, DraftKings is offering a fantasy boxing pick ’em contest. Here’s what you need to know to throw a knockout punch in DK’s SHO Boxing Pick ‘Em Challenge.
How to Play
To win the DraftKings SHO Boxing Pick ‘Em Challenge you first have to lace up your fantasy boxing gloves and climb in the ring. It’s actually rather simple to play. There are three steps for each individual fight, plus a total landed punch count for the main event.
- Select who you think will win each match on the fight card
- Pick how you think that fighter will win the match.
- If you choose the final end to be via Knockout or technical knockout, you’ll pick between a three-round block. When you pick the fight result to be by decision, you’ll automatically go to the next fight.
- Finally, you pick the total number of punches that will be landed for the main event. DraftKings has added a convenient slider to select this important number. While this may be an educated guess, this is the final criteria for breaking any ties.
The scoring for each fight card is simple as well. Keep in mind, the point totals for the main event will be doubled.
- Picking the correct winner of the fight earns 50 points.
- Picking how the winner wins earns an additional 50 points.
- Points are awarded for picking the correct KO/TKO round.
- If you select the correct block for the knockout you earn an additional 50 points.
- Cards that pick the fight to go the distance and be determined by decision earn 15 points.
Every fight card has a prize pool of $5,000. The winner gets half that prize pot, plus Showtime Boxing Swag Bag. Second place through fifth also wins cash and a swag bag. The number two picker on each fight card gets $1,000 and the final three spots split the remaining $1,500 evenly.
However, for the ultimate grand prize, you need to climb in the ring every time there is a fight card. A season-long leader board will be updated after every fight card. The fantasy fighter who accumulates the most points will win the grand prize.
Q: When do the picks for a fight card lock?
A: You have until the opening bell of the first fight on the card to submit picks for all the fights on that card. After that, the fight card will lock and no additions or changes can be made.
Q: What if a fight on the card is cancelled?
A: That fight is removed from the Showtime Boxing Pick ‘Em card and the remaining fights will determine the outcome of that contest.
Q: When can you collect your winnings from an individual fight card?
A: All winners will see a credit to their DraftKings account by 5:00PM on the Monday following the fights.
Q: How are ties broken?
A: The first tiebreaker is the total number of punches landed during the main event. The card that is closest to this number will win that tie. If after the punch count tiebreaker entries are still tied, the individual who submitted their fight card first will win.
To have a chance at any of the DraftKings SHO Boxing Pick ‘Em prizes, you have to climb in the ring. Each round of the season-long contest will pay top finishers handsome cash prizes. The ultimate winning point total will begin a boxing journey of a lifetime. Step in the ring and maybe you’ll throw a haymaker knockout punch.